The QR code just might be one of the best inventions. You might have seen these square shaped patterns everywhere. Essentially these square shaped patterns or more formally known as a Quick Response code or QR code has become in sorts a decentralized communication network. QR codes often contains data for a locator, identifier, or tracker that points to a website or application, but these functionalities are just the tip of the iceberg.
Imagine if the QR code is the application or even the computer. The benefits of the QR code is endless. Some of the benefits of the QR codes are that they are touchless, they don’t need access to the internet in order to read the contents of the QR code, they are very simple to use and they do not need a power source or electricity.
So what is a QR code? A QR code consists of darker colored squares arranged in a square grid on a lighter colored background, which can be read by an imaging device such as a camera. The initial design was influenced by the black and white pieces on a Go board game. The QR Code’s original purpose was to track in high speed the vehicles components during the manufacturing process. QR codes are now used in a much broader context, including both commercial tracking applications and convenience-oriented applications aimed at mobile-phone users. Especially now during the Covid-19 pandemic the QR code has become a necessity for businesses to operate.
One of the ways Fewer Cards further enhances the QR code is by giving people away to know the functionality. At the bottom of every Fewer Cards are symbols. These symbols represent the functionality of both the QR code and the embedded NFC chip. This is useful because as QR codes mature they will serve many different purposes.
Currently Fewer Cards have the following functionality:
- Personal Contact Functionality - The ability for people to save contact information securely into a device without the need of an outside network.
- Hyperlink Functionality - The ability to send people to a web page.
- Social Media Functionality - The ability to send people to the corresponding social media profile.
- Cryptocurrency Payment Functionality - The ability for people to pay a cryptocurrency wallet address securely without the need of an outside network.
- Email Functionality - The ability for people to send prewritten subject and body content to an email address.
The QR code is truly an amazing tool that will forever change how we interact with objects and people. At Fewer Cards we are proud to be part of the QR code movement to help make the world operate more seamlessly and efficiently.